DSI/Dynamatic considers “sustainability” a forward vision that includes our society and our environment. We ask important questions such as, what does our company look like 10 years from now, 25 years from now or 50 years from now? Are we maintaining the business as it is now? Are we growing? Are we working toward a better planet? What are we doing to support our community and our employees?
There are a lot of questions to ask as sustainability doesn’t have one single answer. However, we are diligently conscious of this topic as we continue to increase our growth around the world.
These are the top 10 things that make DSI/Dynamatic a sustainable company:
- We source domestic product. Whenever possible, our parts and products are sourced and manufactured in the U.S.
- Our products are environmentally friendly. When our products stop working, we don’t throw them away and replace them. In most cases, they are repaired and refurbished to OEM standards, therefore keeping scrap out of landfills and recycling facilities, creating minimal waste, and preventing pollution.
- We reduce the carbon footprint. Our products use reduced energy, which, in turn, reduces the carbon footprint on the planet for many facilities around the world.
- We are commercially profitable. We’re always seeking new business markets to attract new customers. Our products last decades with very little maintenance, so it’s important to us to seek new industries that could use our eddy current technology to vary the speed of their equipment.
- We innovate through engineering. Our technology doesn’t change, but our designs do. We engineer, and re-engineer our products to fit specific applications.
- We retain employees. Through competitive wages and benefits, a healthy work-life balance, and a socially engaging workplace, many of DSI/Dynamatic employees have celebrated at least a decade, if not two or more, with us.
- We invest in health and safety. We have health and safety measures in place in our facilities to ensure that our employees not only manage their days without incidents, but also minimize sick time. By utilizing flexible work hours and establishing the use of safety gear, our employees take few days away from their work. During COVID, we’ve instituted mask-wearing and encouraged social distance. We also sanitize our surfaces regularly.
- We invest in our community. In 2020, when we couldn’t volunteer in person, our employees gave hundreds of dollars to the local area food bank. We’re always looking for ways to make our communities better.
- We partner with other companies. We pool resources with several companies in industries that coincide with ours so we can maximize our global reach. Doing so will ensure work into our futures. As partners, we also share resources, which can save on the bottom line.
- We set and reach our goals. To ensure our future, we must have forward vision. We must look at growth. We must challenge ourselves. To do those things, we must set goals and not only meet them, but exceed them. Having goals ensures we have a future to strive for.
Being “sustainable” isn’t simply being “earth-friendly.” We are that, but being sustainable means so much more. It requires a long-term, future vision for our company and our employees that will maintain and grow our business for the next 10, 20, 50 or even 100 years. While our products continue to be consistently long lasting, we ensure a portion of your business will be sustained using our products. When you install a Dynamatic product, rest assured you’ll have decades worth of easy maintenance and reliable use!
For information about our products, contact us at [email protected] or (262) 554-7977.