Are you ready to take the next step in your engineering career?
Join DSI/Dynamatic as its next Application Engineer, a position essential to our growth and continued success of the organization, and where your talents will be fully utilized and rewarded.
Working under minimal supervision of the V.P. of Engineering, perform all tasks related to the design, manufacturing, and support of the Dynamatic line of eddy current clutches, brakes, and controls. These products are found in many applications where speed and or torque control is required. While similar in some ways to variable frequency drives, our products have characteristics that are advantageous in certain applications. This role serves as a pivotal point of communication during the entire development, manufacturing, and sales process. You will interface directly with customers, sales, and manufacturing team members to ensure our products meet with our internal and industry standards while also meeting the needs of the customer. Installation and/or repair service may require up to 25% of travel time.
What will your day look like?
- Electrical control design work. This includes modifying existing controller layouts to meet specialized customer needs as well as new designs and updating outdated components.
- Mechanical eddy current drive and brake design and modification work. This may include modifying existing designs of our clutches and brakes to meet customer requirements.
- Develop prints and bills of material to pair with customer product requirements.
- Provide customer technical support to include sales personnel, engineers, and end users.
- Perform testing and repair services along with commissioning of controls and/or mechanical equipment.
- Assist manufacturing business partners on an as-needed basis.
- Provide technical support to our production and purchasing departments.
- Program or modify controllers using Visual Basic, C, or assembly programs.
- Provide warranty evaluation and potential customer on-site application changes to mitigate future problems.
What makes you the right fit?
- You have a firm knowledge of rotating mechanical equipment and electronic controls and their use in industry.
- You are proficient in AUTOCAD Electrical or equivalent computer aided design tool as well as Microsoft Office.
- You have experience in applying AC variable frequency drives, DC drives, servo Drives, motors or the design of controls.
- You are curious, take initiative, and are comfortable working independently.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and a strong desire to resolve internal and external customer challenges.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are quality-conscious and have strong-attention to detail.
- You are dependable, resourceful, and efficient.
- A technical or engineering degree is preferred, but equivalent work experience will be considered.
Why join the DSI/Dynamatic Team?
At DSI/Dynamatic, the world’s leading manufacturer of eddy current variable speed drives, brakes, clutches, and controls, we place great value growth-minded individuals who thrive on challenges and like to celebrate wins. We also believe our team members are crucial to our success. That is why in addition to offering competitive wages in a casual atmosphere, we offer a full benefits package that includes the following all at no cost to the employee!
- Medical: FSA and HRA Account
- Life & long-term disability
- Paid Time off
If this sounds like a fit for you, submit your resume or apply today!